ILR REGISTRATION IS EASY!
Students may choose the most convenient option to register, online or in person.
Online Registration? CLICK HERE TO BEGIN
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A REGISTRATION FORM
Do I have to be age 55 or older to register for an ILR course?
Although ILR classes are geared towards the 55 and over crowd, anyone is welcome to join us for a fabulous learning experience.
Where are course costs listed?
Tuition and fees are listed under each course description. In most cases, MD adults over age 60 pay the fee only, no tuition required! CLICK HERE TO BROWSE ILR COURSES.
What are FCC’s accepted forms of payment?
FCC accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and debit card payments when registering online. In person, we accept credit cards, cash, checks or money orders.
What is the MD tuition waiver for students age 60+?
Most (but not all) ILR courses qualify for the tuition waiver for MD residents age 60+, requiring you to only pay the fee. Why? Because you deserve it!
What are the fees for out of county and out of state students?
Legal residents of Maryland residing outside Frederick County pay $5 more per course. Non-Maryland residents pay $10 more per course.
Do I pay the $8 registration fee every time I register?
The $8 registration fee is paid once per year (every 365 since the registration fee was last paid). The registration fee is non-refundable unless FCC cancels a class.
When will I receive a confirmation after registering for a class?
When registering online, an email confirmation will be sent to your email in-box as soon as you have completed your enrollment transaction. (Be sure to check your spam folder if it doesn’t appear to arrive within a few minutes.) When registering in person (in FCC’s Enrollment Services Building during business hours), confirmation is provided upon receipt of payment in full.
Is there a maximum or minimum number of students per class?
Yes. Each class has a maximum and minimum enrollment number. When maximum enrollment is reached, a course is no longer open to additional students. (Popular courses reach maximum enrollment early so be sure to register today to reserve your seat!) If a course does not obtain minimum enrollment, the course may be cancelled (the decision to cancel is typically made three business days prior to the course start date.)
What happens if a course is cancelled by the college?
The college reserves the right to cancel any ILR55+ or Continuing Education course, trip or event due to insufficient enrollment. If a course is cancelled, your money will be automatically refunded to you in four to five weeks. Early registration helps prevent course cancellations!
If I decide to drop a class, can I receive a full or partial refund?
– If a course is cancelled by the college, 100% of applicable tuition and fees will be refunded to students or students may choose to have their funds transferred to an alternate class.
– Students may officially withdraw from a class and receive a refund or transfer funds to an alternative class by completing the drop section of a Drop/Transfer Form (or via a signed written request). The form or request must be submitted (via email to CERequest@frederick.edu, by fax to (301) 624-2749, or provided to staff on campus in the CEWD Registration Office in the Student Center – H105) at least (2) business day prior to the start of the class.
– Exceptions: Within two business day before the start of a class, or after the class has begun, requests for any refund or transfer of payment toward an alternate schedule must be sent in writing to the Vice President of Continuing Education & Workforce Development via CERequest@frederick.edu, and be accompanied by documentation supporting the student’s request. The College reserves the right to approve or disapprove full or partial refund requests that are submitted later than one business day before the start of a class. Students will be withdrawn from classes for which such a request is approved. Appropriate documentation may include electronic or hard-copy documents from medical providers, employers, child care providers, or others that can validate extenuating circumstances.
– If a student is eligible for a refund and paid by credit and debit card, refunds are submitted directly to student’s credit or debit card account.
– If cash, a check or a money order was submitted at the time of registration, a refund will be mailed to the student usually within 10 to 14 business days from the class drop date.
Questions regarding the Registration Fee, or any other concern regarding accounts at the college, should be addressed to the CEWD Registration Office at 301.846.2888 or CEInfo@Frederick.edu.