NEW! Medically Curious? Your Physical Exam PLUS Understanding Obamacare
1 session, 2 hours
On a volunteer, Dr. Romane will demonstrate a brief, fully clothed, head-to-foot physical exam. Review of more than 30 disease states this exam is designed to rule out. In groups of 3, students will learn what’s done in the exam and why. Discussion/ Demonstration of the new Joint National Commission recommendations for measuring blood pressure and treating hypertension. Before you vote “NO” on Obamacare, do you really know anything about it?
Instructor: Dr. Larry Romane is board certified in Emergency Medicine and spent 35 years as an ER doctor. After retiring, he served as a physician volunteer at a free clinic for the uninsured. He’s the author of two medical books and loves teaching. His courses give current medical information at a high school reading level. Look for Dr. Romane’s book, R U Medically Curious? Common Topics – Simply Explained, online and on Kindle.
ILR571 Your Physical Exam PLUS Understanding Obamacare
4 digit #: 6068
Wednesday, 10:00 am – noon, October 5
Location: FCC Conference Center/E106
-Medically Curious? What You NEED to Know (All seven sessions)
– Health Tips: Q-Tips/Weight Tips? More Tips!
– Trauma: Crashes, Falls and Bullets in Everyday Life
– Your Physical Exam PLUS Understanding Obamacare
– Your Lungs: Just Take Some Nice Deep Breaths
– Common Infections: Bacteria, Viruses, Yeast-YUCK!
– Translating “Medicalese” for Common Illnesses
– Cancer – Understanding the Disease