NEW! Medically Curious? Common Infections: Bacteria, Viruses, Yeast-YUCK!
1 session, 2 hours
Athletes’ foot – it’s not just for athletes anymore. Warts – why do they keep coming back? She: “I hate antibiotics. They always give me a yeast infection.” He: “I hate antibiotics. They always give me the runs.” “What’s this “antibiotic resistance” everybody talks about?” “I had lots of strep throats when I was a kid. Is it that again?” Doctor said: “No surgery needed. It’s just cellulitis, not an abscess.” HUH? “My grandson’s got lice again. I think he needs a new doctor!”
Instructor: Dr. Larry Romane is board certified in Emergency Medicine and spent 35 years as an ER doctor. After retiring, he served as a physician volunteer at a free clinic for the uninsured. He’s the author of two medical books and loves teaching. His courses give current medical information at a high school reading level. Look for Dr. Romane’s book, R U Medically Curious? Common Topics – Simply Explained, online and on Kindle.
ILR752 Common Infections: Bacteria, Viruses, Yeast-YUCK!
4 digit #: 6069
Wednesday, 10:00 am – noon, Oct. 19
Location: FCC Conference Center/E106
More in the Medically Curious? Series:
-Medically Curious? What You NEED to Know (All seven sessions)
– Health Tips: Q-Tips/Weight Tips? More Tips!
– Trauma: Crashes, Falls and Bullets in Everyday Life
– Your Physical Exam PLUS Understanding Obamacare
– Your Lungs: Just Take Some Nice Deep Breaths
– Common Infections: Bacteria, Viruses, Yeast-YUCK!
– Translating “Medicalese” for Common Illnesses
– Cancer – Understanding the Disease