Medically Curious? Your Lungs: Just Take Some Nice Deep Breaths
1 session, 2 hours
How do we inhale & exhale? Why do we inhale and what do we exhale? What are the differences between URI/ Bronchitis/ Pneumonia & which ONE needs antibiotics? Learn how your lungs work; the value of a chest x-ray (and its limitations); that little “clip” nurses put on your finger; basic definitions of common lung problems; and what this doctor thinks about the tobacco industry.
Instructor: Dr. Larry Romane is board certified in Emergency Medicine and spent 35 years as an ER doctor. After retiring, he served as a physician volunteer at a free clinic for the uninsured. He’s the author of two medical books and loves teaching. His courses give current medical information at a high school reading level. Look for Dr. Romane’s book, R U Medically Curious? Common Topics – Simply Explained, online and on Kindle.
ILR684 Your Lungs: Just Take Some Nice Deep Breaths
4 digit #: 6039
Wednesday, 10:00 – noon, October 12
Location: FCC Conference Center/E106
-Medically Curious? What You NEED to Know (All seven sessions)
– Health Tips: Q-Tips/Weight Tips? More Tips!
– Trauma: Crashes, Falls and Bullets in Everyday Life
– Your Physical Exam PLUS Understanding Obamacare
– Your Lungs: Just Take Some Nice Deep Breaths
– Common Infections: Bacteria, Viruses, Yeast-YUCK!
– Translating “Medicalese” for Common Illnesses
– Cancer – Understanding the Disease