WELCOME TO TED!
The Mornings with TED ILR series was developed in order to give students the opportunity to discuss and share their ideas on a broad range of topics via the inspirational talks of some of “the world’s most fascinating thinkers and doers”. In each session, students will view a TED Talk video, followed discussion of the topic. In the fall session we will explore the future and take some time to ask the big “What IF” questions.
A FEW FACTS ABOUT TED
- TED Mission: Spreading Ideas
- TED Conference was founded in 1984
- “TED Talks” videos launched online in 2006 to share the conference with the world
- Every second, 17 people watch a TED Talk
- TED Talks are one of the most used tools in university classrooms around the world.
- The annual $1M dollar TED Prize provides funding for A Wish to Inspire the World.
- Read more about TED here: http://www.ted.com/pages/about
Mornings with TED Discussion Rules:
• Be respectful of all participants at all times.
• Give everyone a chance to speak.
• Keep it relevant.
• Please leave your party at the door.
You are invited and encouraged to continue your discussion online after class!
The comments section will remain open until the end of the course series, allowing you to continue sharing your thoughts, ideas, and questions. If you have any questions about the online forum, please email the moderator, Matt Bernota, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have any comments about last week’s session?
- Are there any articles, etc. that would provide further information on any of the TED
talks this term?