Here’s the Latest News
Thank you for your interest in ILR 55+, a Continuing Education & Workforce Development program, at Frederick Community College. Fall registration is open with classes available online, in person and at off campus locations throughout the county. Please see individual class descriptions for complete details.
In a conference call with the Frederick County Health Department on August 2, 2021, it was reported that the Delta variant is more contagious than the previous COVID strains. The incidence of infection in the County is on the rise. To keep our College safe and mitigate the spread of the Delta variant, we will continue to follow all published guidelines from the CDC, Governor Hogan’s Office, and the Frederick County Health Department. We will be following all health protocols. Please note, masks are required in all indoor spaces. Learn more at www.frederick.edu/coronavirus >>
Online Classes Tutorials Available
If you’re interested in taking an ILR 55+ class, but have questions about how online classes work, we invite you to register for and participate in one of our free 30-minute tutorial sessions. During the online session, you’ll be connected with one of our staff members, as well as other curious students, to help familiarize you with the online platform and answer your questions.
Online Classes Terminology
The College employs terminology to distinguish between different learning formats – the ways in which students and instructors meet in online environments. The way you register, access, and participate in ILR online classes remains the same as on campus and off campus classes. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (301) 846-2561 or email ILR@frederick.edu.
Online Class Notes
• To participate in an online class, you must be able to open an email, click on the class link and access the class from your own personal computer/tablet.
• At least a day before the class starts, we will email a specific class link to you. When you receive that email, open it and click on that link to join the class and enjoy your online learning experience.
• FCC is unable to provide individual technical support before or during these classes.
• Should you experience technical difficulties and not be able to access the course, email is the more efficient way to reach us a ILR@frederick.edu.
• Only registered participants (those who have paid the class fee and are officially on the class roster) may join the applicable online class.
ILR Program Information
• As an ILR 55+ student, you are an FCC student. Therefore, information regarding FCC students applies to all ILR 55+ classes, trips and events as well.
• Please feel free to contact us via phone or email with any questions.
• To receive the latest updates, be sure to sign up for FCC Alert at frederick.edu/alert. For additional ongoing College updates and information, visit frederick.edu/coronavirus.
Your Health and Wellness
We thank all of the College community for their collective efforts in promoting health and wellness. Please be sure you get credible information from these sites for current information related to COVID-19.
If you have questions, please contact us at (301) 846-2561 or email ILR@frederick.edu. Enjoy your class!