Here’s the Latest News
Thank you for your interest in ILR 55+, a Continuing Education & Workforce Development program, at Frederick Community College. FCC is working to increase the number of in-person classes while continuing to comply with public health and safety standards. Summer Registration is open with classes available online, on campus and off campus this summer. Please see individual class descriptions for complete details.
FCC Roadmap to Resilience and Recovery Plan
June 7, 2021 Update – FCC is in Stage 3 of the FCC Roadmap to Resilience and Recovery plan and is working to increase the number of in-person classes while continuing to comply with public health and safety standards. Frederick Community College plans to move to Stage 4 of the FCC Roadmap to Resilience and Recovery plan on August 2, 2021. Learn more at frederick.edu/coronavirus.
Face-to-Face and hybrid classes meet in-person and are taught at designated locations during scheduled times. After registering for one of these classes, in addition to a registration confirmation, participants will receive an informative email with details about attending class(es). On main campus and at the Monroe Center, limited physical access to buildings, classrooms, labs, and College offices continues. Specific protocols are in place to ensure the safety of students, employees, and community members. Click below to learn more.
Online Classes Tutorials Available
If you’re interested in taking an ILR or Lifelong Learning course this semester, but have questions about how an online course will work, you can register for one of our free 30-minute tutorial sessions. During the online session, you’ll be connected with one of our staff members, as well as other curious students, to help familiarize you with the online platform and work out any issues before deciding to register for an online course.
Online Classes Terminology
The College employs terminology to distinguish between different online learning formats – the ways in which students and instructors meet in online environments. The way you register, access, and participate in ILR online classes remains the same as on campus and off campus classes. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at (301) 846-2561 or email ILR@frederick.edu.
Online Classes Guidelines
• Yes, online classes are only available online.
• To participate in an online class, you must be able to open an email, click on the class link and access the class from your own personal computer/tablet.
• At least a day before the class starts, we will email a specific class link to you. When you receive that email, open it and click on that link to join the class and enjoy your online learning experience.
• FCC is unable to provide individual technical support before or during these classes.
• Should you experience technical difficulties and not be able to access the course, email is the more efficient way to reach us a ILR@frederick.edu.
• Only registered participants (those who have paid the class fee and are officially on the class roster) may join the applicable online class.
Learning on Location Classes
Learning on Location participants must abide by Maryland Governor Larry Hogan’s Executive Order requiring the use of face coverings. Face coverings are required in the public spaces of all businesses and in outdoor public areas, whenever it is not possible to maintain physical distancing. Read the governor’s order.
ILR Program Information
• As an ILR 55+ student, you are an FCC student. Therefore, information regarding FCC students applies to all ILR 55+ classes, trips and events as well.
• Please feel free to contact us via phone or email with any questions. Given the volume of expected inquiries, your patience is appreciated.
• To receive the latest updates, be sure to sign up for FCC Alert at frederick.edu/alert. For additional ongoing College updates and information, visit frederick.edu/coronavirus.
Your Health and Wellness
We thank all of the College community for their collective efforts in promoting health and wellness. Please be sure you get credible information from these sites for current information related to COVID-19.
If you have questions, please contact us at (301) 846-2561 or email ILR@frederick.edu. Enjoy your class!