AARP Maryland Offers Free Screening of WHAT THEY HAD & Dementia Friendly Panel Discussion
Main Doors Open at 12:00 PM • Theater Doors Open at 12:30 PM • Film Begins at 1:00 PM
WHAT THEY HAD is a movie focusing on a family crisis. Bridget (Hilary Swank) returns home to Chicago at her brother’s (Michael Shannon) urging to deal with her ailing mother (Blythe Danner) and her father’s (Robert Forster) reluctance to let go of their life together. (Rated R)
This special event includes a panel presentation on brain health and care giving. Our panel experts include:
• Dr. Tabassum Majid, PhD, MAgS, Executive Director, Integrace Institute, speaking on “Research Highlights in Neurocognitive Disorders”
• Rita B. Choula, MA, Director, Caregiving Projects | AARP Public Policy Institute speaking on “Resources and Tools for Caregivers”
• Bill Neeley, Member of Maryland Governor’s Council on Dementia, Alzheimer’s Association Group Facilitator, Board Certified Chaplain, and Founder of Getting Along Better, speaking on “The Language of Healing.”
• Lee Comstock, Alzheimer’s Association volunteer and former caregiver, speaking on “Journey into Action.”
Thursday, September 26, 2019 • 12:00 – 4:30 p.m.
• Main Doors Open at 12:00 PM
• Theater Doors Open at 12:30 PM
• Film Begins at 1:00 PM
Special Event Information
Seating is general admission. Light refreshments and access to vendor tables will be available after the screening, prior to the expert panel discussion. Free parking is available and attendees are encouraged to use the drop-off area in front of the theater.
About Movies for Grownups
Celebrating and encouraging films with unique appeal to audiences with a grownup state of mind, AARP Movies for Grownups recognizes the inspiring artists who make them. With weekly news and reviews, nationwide screenings, and an annual awards event, AARP champions movies for grownups, by grownups. For more info, visit Movies for Grownups online.
Frederick Community College
Jack B. Kussmaul Theater
7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick, Maryland 21701
Registration is Required
While there is no cost to attend this event, please note, registration is required. Click below to register: