Inclement Weather Information
To keep up with all the latest College information during inclement weather, please review the below FCC Inclement Weather Policy modified for ILR participants.
When the college is closed due to inclement weather, ILR follows the FCC Inclement Weather Policy. Therefore, during these times, ILR staff will not be in the office and are unable to contact ILR students directly regarding the status of class(es). All participants are encouraged to sign up for FCC alerts to receive timely updates and information.
Sign up for FCC Alert Notifications
To receive timely updates and information regarding College delays and/or closings, sign up for FCC Alert at www.frederick.edu/fccalert.
College Announcements and Information
Additionally, FCC posts information on the College website, issues notices to local media, provides update on College social media pages and more. The below list features phone numbers, online sources and station information to check for announcements and information in the event of inclement weather.
- College Information – 301.846.2400
- FCC Alert Text Messages (frederick.edu/fccalert)
- Comcast Cable – FCC TV Channel 23
- FCC Website – www.frederick.edu
- School’s Out – schoolsout.com
- WFMD (AM 930)
- WFRE (FM 99)
- WAFY (FM 103.1)
- WARX (FM 106.9)
- WTOP (FM 103.5)
- DC101 (FM 101.1)
- NEWS4 (Ch. 4)
- WTTG FOX-5 (Ch. 5)
- ABC (Ch. 7)
- News Channel 8
- WUSA-TV (Ch. 9)
- WBAL (Ch. 11)
- WJZ-TV (Ch. 13)
- WHAG-TV (Ch. 25)
- Social Media
- Opening Late and/or Closing Early – Decisions to delay opening the College until 11:00 a.m. or to close the College early at 5:00 p.m. will be communicated as noted above before 5:30 a.m. the same day. If College classes are already in session and there is a need to close early, those decisions will be communicated in a timely a manner as conditions warrant.
- Closing for the Day – Decisions to close the College for the entire day will also be communicated as noted above before 5:30 a.m. the same day.
- Classes set to begin during a delayed opening are automatically canceled. These classes will be rescheduled to meet at a later date and time. For example, if FCC has an 11:00 a.m. delayed opening, all classes set to begin prior to 11:00 a.m. will be rescheduled. Those class participants will then be notified with new scheduling information as soon as it is ready. On these days, the only classes that will meet are those starting at 11:00 a.m. or later that day. Please note, College buildings are unlocked one half-hour before a delayed opening time.
- Off campus classes are automatically canceled when the College is unexpectedly closed and/or the off-campus location itself is unexpectedly closed.
- In the event of inclement weather, keep an eye on the College website at www.frederick.edu. Be sure to always check for updates prior to coming to the main campus or heading over to the Monroe Center.
- For information about refunds when your class is cancelled, please visit Financial Resources, Payments & Refunds on our Continuing Education and Workforce Development registration website.