Wondering if your class is canceled due to the weather? Does ILR follow the college’s closing policy? Will I receive a call from ILR staff if my class is canceled due to weather? The answers are below:
The following information from the FCC Inclement Weather/College Closing Policy policy has been modified for ILR:
When the college is closed due to weather, ILR staff are at home. We’re unable to call or email students directly during this time. BUT, we encourage all students to sign up for the FCC Alert (www.frederick.edu/fccalert) to receive the most accurate announcements of College closings or delays.
ILR follows the college’s Inclement Weather policy notifications. Announcements of College closings and delays will also be communicated through:
- College Information – (301) 846-2400
- FCC Alert text message (register at frederick.edu/fccalert)
- Comcast Cable – FCC TV Channel 23
- FCC website – www.frederick.edu
- School’s Out – schoolsout.com
- Broadcast Media
- WFMD (AM 930)
- WFRE (FM 99)
- WAFY (FM 103.1)
- WARX (FM 106.9)
- WTOP (FM 103.5)
- DC101 (FM 101.1)
- NEWS4 (Ch. 4)
- WTTG FOX-5 (Ch. 5)
- ABC (Ch. 7)
- News Channel 8
- WUSA-TV (Ch. 9)
- WBAL (Ch. 11)
- WJZ-TV (Ch. 13)
- WHAG-TV (Ch. 25)
- Social Media
- A decision to close the main campus and Monroe Center for the entire day will be communicated no later than 5:30 a.m.
- A decision to delay opening the main campus and Monroe Center until 11:00 a.m. or 5:00 p.m. will be communicated no later than 5:30 a.m.
- Buildings will be unlocked one half-hour before the announced late start.
- If your class is set to begin during the delayed period, then your class is canceled and will not meet. Only classes starting at 11:00 am or later will meet on a delayed start. We will work to reschedule your class for a later date.
- A decision to close the main campus and Monroe Center during the day or evening will be communicated in as timely a manner as conditions warrant.
- If a class is held at an off-campus location that is closed – such as the Senior Center – the class will be canceled. If the off-campus location is open, but FCC is closed, the class at the off-campus location will be canceled.
- Because weather conditions can deteriorate unexpectedly, students should check the FCC website, www.frederick.edu, for the latest information prior to coming to campus or the Monroe Center.